You can protect yourself from the costs associated with an unexpected HMRC tax or VAT investigation with our specialist fee protection service.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong . Anyone can be selected for investigation, based on criteria HMRC holds close to its chest, whether it’s a business, an individual company director or a personal tax payer. Investigations are stressful and can last for weeks or even months.
If you need our professional support during an investigation, there will be fees attached. Our fee protection service ensures that those costs are covered so we, and you, can focus on the challenge at hand.
What does our fee protection service provide?
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards the cost of any professional fees resulting from an HMRC enquiry. That includes any compliance check initiated by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income tax
- Corporation tax
- National Insurance
- The construction industry scheme (CIS)
- National minimum wage (NMW) legislation
- Gift Aid legislation
- any dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the NMW
- Inheritance tax enquiries
- Child tax credit enquiries
- Compliance checks carried out under HMRC code of practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved)
Peace of mind
Included as part of the fee protection service is comprehensive access to the employment law, health and safety and HR expertise, delivered at no cost to you.
You’ll gain valuable access to highly experienced consultants who can provide you with their guidance and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects.
Our fee protection service is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited, the market leading fee protection insurance provider in the UK.